Recreational activities and board games are a massive part of our lives regarding having fun or spending time with friends and families. These activities and games, which were previously only played for having fun, are now played on more prominent mediums. Such as in leagues or casinos where people play these to make money or as a passion.
Poker is also a game played with friends and families but is now played online as a league in e-casinos. Playing poker can be considered gambling because, most of the time, it involves the betting of money and assets owned by a person.
The emergence of poker is determined to be done by the French as they had introduced a similar game in the name of Poque.
Poker is played nowadays with a deck of cards (52 cards). Cards ranked in a deck are from highest to lowest such as A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2. It is divided into four categories of shapes such as hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spaces.
Rules of Classic Poker:
- If played in Casino, the first cards are dealt by the card dealer, in the appropriate amount to each player facedown (not shown) or face up (shown to other players), according to the rules
- Before the cards are dealt every player is bound to bet some money to proceed, known as blind or ante.
- Then cards are seen by the players, and they decide whether they want to bet on some more money or are satisfied with what they had bet.
- If a player feels that their cards are not of that high rank, they can fold and voluntarily lose their money, but if they feel that they have a better chance of winning, they can call another round of pooling of the money.
- This round goes clockwise, from the person sitting right to the card dealer.
- Continuously these round keeps going on until two people are left, and they keep raising the money until the showdown happens, where both the remaining players show their cards, and one with higher ranking then wins all the money.
- In some cases, only one player is left at the end, and without showing their cards, that player wins despite not having the highest ranks of cards. This technique of winning without having higher cards is known as bluffing.